- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand tolerant
- pH acid, neutral or alkaline
- Moist but well-drained
- Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters (-15 to -10)
- RHS Rating H5
- Direct soil planting
- Large containers
- Great in borders
- Easy to grow
Human & pets interaction
- Harmful if eaten
Euonymus japonicus ‘Ovatus Aureus’ – 3 litre pot
Otter Price: £9.99
Euonymus japonicus ‘Ovatus Aureus’ is a bushy and medium-sized evergreen shrub with distinct oval leaves. During its early growth, the leaves emerge in a vibrant golden-yellow hue, gradually transitioning to a yellow-green shade with a broad yellow margin. While this variety rarely produces flowers and fruits, on the occasions when it does, the flowers are small and have a greenish colouration, and the fruits take on a charming pink hue.
– Avoid planting directly in the frozen soil.
– Container planting is possible throughout the year; use containers that are large and deep enough to prevent roots from freezing in the winter, and ensure there are drainage holes in the bottom of the container. Planting in small containers will lead to plants becoming rootbound.
– Water well after planting. Water well in dry weather. Avoid waterlogged conditions in winter.
– In the spring, remove the dead and damaged leaves from the foliage.
– Lightly prune hedges twice in summer to maintain dense growth and prevent pests and diseases.
Click for information