- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Full Shade
- Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand tolerant
- pH acid, neutral or alkaline
- Moist but well-drained
- Hardy in all of UK and Northern Europe (-20 to -15)
- RHS Rating H6
- Direct soil planting
- Large containers
- Great in borders
- Easy to grow
- Pollinator friendly
Human & pets interaction
- Not harmful if eaten
Vinca minor – 2 litre pot
Otter Price: £8.99
Vinca ‘Minor’ is a low-growing, mat-forming evergreen shrub that creates a dense ground cover. It features trailing shoots that root as they spread, forming a lush carpet of foliage. The plant displays pairs of glossy, dark green leaves that are arranged opposite each other along the stems.
From mid-spring to late summer, Vinca ‘Minor’ puts on a spectacular show with its abundant violet-blue flowers. These charming blooms, reaching up to 15 cm in height, create a stunning contrast against the dark green foliage with an impressive width of 90cm.
– Avoid planting directly in the frozen soil.
– Container planting is possible throughout the year; use containers that are large and deep enough to prevent roots from freezing in the winter, and ensure there are drainage holes in the bottom of the container. Planting in small containers will lead to plants becoming rootbound.
– Water well after planting. Water well in dry weather. Avoid waterlogged conditions in winter.
– To maintain the plant’s appearance, remove faded flowers by cutting the stem to a strong leaf without leaving it sticking out of the foliage.
– In the spring, remove the dead and damaged leaves from the foliage.
– Feed weekly when the plant is in flowering season.
– Divide the plant every 3-4 years to create new plants
Click for information