Lupinus ‘West Country Persian Slipper’ (PBR) – 2 litre pot
Otter Price: £11.99
The Lupinus West Country ‘Persian Slipper’ is a stunning and elegant perennial that is sure to impress any gardener or flower enthusiast. This upright plant can reach a height of up to 90cm, making it a great option for gardeners looking to add some height and structure to their garden. The plant features divided green leaves that provide a beautiful backdrop for the main attraction – the flowers. From early summer, the ‘West Country Persian Slipper’ produces spikes of deep violet-blue and white flowers that rise above the foliage. It is also relatively low maintenance, making it an excellent option for gardeners who don’t have a lot of time or resources to devote to plant care.
– Plant in the spring. Avoid planting directly in the frozen soil.
– Container planting is possible throughout the year; use containers that are large and deep enough to prevent roots from freezing in the winter, and ensure there are drainage holes in the bottom of the container. Planted in small containers will lead to plants becoming rootbound.
– Water well after planting. Consistent moisture is critical for the initial establishment of lupins. Once the plants are established, they can tolerate drier soil conditions and require watering only during droughts. Avoid waterlogged conditions in winter.
– To encourage more blooms, remove faded flowers promptly. Deadheading after flowering will encourage growth and new flower production. Deadhead as the foliage begins to yellow towards late autumn or after the first frost.
– Feeding is not required during the first flowering season. Use balanced organic fertilisers to feed older plants in March/April and repeat in July/August.
– To keep the plants looking fresh, divide the clumps every 2 to 3 years.
VAT No : 140 7754 72
Our Garden Centres
- Ottery St Mary
Tel: 01404 815 815
Tel: 01590 678 679
Tel: 01752 405 422
Tel: 01803 873 300
Tel: 01963 33134
- Jack’s Patch
Tel: 01626 776 996
Tel: 01823 323 777