Lupinus ‘West Country Manhattan Lights’ (PBR) – 2 litre pot
Otter Price: £11.99
The Lupinus ‘West Country Manhattan Lights’ is a clump-forming perennial that presents an impressive ornamental value. It can attain a height of 85cm and features palmately divided leaves. During the early to mid-summer period, the plant showcases upright spires of closely packed, bicolour flowers. These blooms display alternating stripes of pale yellow and purple, creating a visually appealing contrast that’s sure to delight even the most discerning of garden enthusiasts. With its striking aesthetic appeal and dependable growth habits, this Lupinus cultivar is a desirable addition to any ornamental garden.
– Plant in the spring. Avoid planting directly in the frozen soil.
– Container planting is possible throughout the year; use containers that are large and deep enough to prevent roots from freezing in the winter, and ensure there are drainage holes in the bottom of the container. Planted in small containers will lead to plants becoming rootbound.
– Water well after planting. Consistent moisture is critical for the initial establishment of lupins. Once the plants are established, they can tolerate drier soil conditions and require watering only during droughts. Avoid waterlogged conditions in winter.
– To encourage more blooms, remove faded flowers promptly. Deadheading after flowering will encourage growth and new flower production. Deadhead as the foliage begins to yellow towards late autumn or after the first frost.
– Feeding is not required during the first flowering season. Use balanced organic fertilisers to feed older plants in March/April and repeat in July/August.
– To keep the plants looking fresh, divide the clumps every 2 to 3 years.
VAT No : 140 7754 72
Our Garden Centres
- Ottery St Mary
Tel: 01404 815 815
Tel: 01590 678 679
Tel: 01752 405 422
Tel: 01803 873 300
Tel: 01963 33134
- Jack’s Patch
Tel: 01626 776 996
Tel: 01823 323 777