Lupinus ‘West Country Desert Sun’ (PBR) – 2 litre pot
Otter Price: £11.99
The Lupinus West Country ‘Desert Sun’ plant is a stunning and eye-catching perennial that can bring vibrancy to any garden or landscape. It grows upright and forms clumps, creating a beautiful and organised appearance. The plant can reach a height of up to 80cm, making it a great option for gardeners looking for a plant that is neither too tall nor too short. During the summer months, the ‘Desert Sun’ plant produces spikes of creamy-white buds that eventually bloom into fragrant, yellow flowers. The flowers are not only visually stunning but also exude a sweet aroma that can fill the air with a pleasant scent.
– Plant in the spring. Avoid planting directly in the frozen soil.
– Container planting is possible throughout the year; use containers that are large and deep enough to prevent roots from freezing in the winter, and ensure there are drainage holes in the bottom of the container. Planted in small containers will lead to plants becoming rootbound.
– Water well after planting. Consistent moisture is critical for the initial establishment of lupins. Once the plants are established, they can tolerate drier soil conditions and require watering only during droughts. Avoid waterlogged conditions in winter.
– To encourage more blooms, remove faded flowers promptly. Deadheading after flowering will encourage growth and new flower production. Deadhead as the foliage begins to yellow towards late autumn or after the first frost.
– Feeding is not required during the first flowering season. Use balanced organic fertilisers to feed older plants in March/April and repeat in July/August.
– To keep the plants looking fresh, divide the clumps every 2 to 3 years.
VAT No : 140 7754 72
Our Garden Centres
- Ottery St Mary
Tel: 01404 815 815
Tel: 01590 678 679
Tel: 01752 405 422
Tel: 01803 873 300
Tel: 01963 33134
- Jack’s Patch
Tel: 01626 776 996
Tel: 01823 323 777