Helleborus ‘Spring Promise® Loren’ (3 litre pot)
Otter Price: £14.99
Lenten Rose ‘Loren’ blooms with pale pink, double flowers from January well into spring. It has a compact habit, and is not only a perfect plant for the garden but a great addition to any balcony containers. The Spring Promise® Lenten Roses are a part of the prestigious Helleborus Golden Collection (HGC®). Along with being easy to care for, they are very versatile, and suitable for gardens or displaying indoors in pots and flowering arrangements.
Spring Promise® Lenten Roses are crosses between the oriental Hellebore (Helleborus orientalis) and various other species from the Helleborus genus. Lenten Roses can flower from January until well into spring.
– Avoid planting directly in the frozen soil. Optimal planting time in the UK is September to December, allowing plants to establish before the warm spring and hot summer.
– Container planting is possible throughout the year; use containers that are large and deep enough to prevent roots from freezing the in the winter, and ensure there are drainage holes in the bottom of the container.
– Water well after planting. Avoid waterlogged conditions in winter.
– Remove seed pods before they open to avoid slowing up plant growth in spring and summer. Clear old/brown leaves in spring and summer to make space for fresh growth.
– Feeding is not required during the first flowering season. Use balanced organic fertilisers to feed older plants in February/March and repeat in July/August.
Click for information
VAT No : 140 7754 72
Our Garden Centres
- Ottery St Mary
Tel: 01404 815 815
Tel: 01590 678 679
Tel: 01752 405 422
Tel: 01803 873 300
Tel: 01963 33134
- Jack’s Patch
Tel: 01626 776 996
Tel: 01823 323 777