Plants Department Supervisor – Torbay
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Supervisor for our Plants department based at Otter Garden Centre, Paignton.
Otter Garden Centres are a leading independent retailer with seven garden centres across the South of England. We pride ourselves on our wide range of quality home-grown plants and the excellent customer service standards provided in our branches.
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ approach
- Have good attention to detail
- Be happy working outside in all conditions
Experience of working in a similar environment is preferred, although full training will be provided as required.
To supervise the retail plant area, to ensure the day-to-day operation runs smoothly at all times.
- Maximise sales potential by having appropriate stock levels and the right plants in the right place
- Create inspirational displays to drive sales and ensure the plant area is interesting for our customers
- To ensure high standards of plant health
- Provide horticultural related advise to customers
- Lead a small team to ensure the department operates successfully – organise and allocate tasks
- Ensure department is clean and tidy, and stock is displayed correctly with appropriate signage
- Ensure company guidelines are followed at all times
The personal skills required for this role
- You will be a team player and confident communicator with the drive and energy to work with a great team and provide high standards of customer service
- Passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers and enjoy working in a busy retail environment
- Supervisory skills and good communication and organisational skills, and experienced at leading a team
- You will have a good knowledge of plants and horticulture and a strong retail background
Please note this role will include physical work with some heavy lifting.
The interview will include a walk through the plants area where you will be able to demonstrate your knowledge of plants and horticulture.
This role is for 39 hours per week across 5 days to include one weekend day.
How to Apply
If you have any questions on the role please email Les.Harding@ottertorquay.com
To apply please email your CV along with a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role to Les.Harding@ottertorquay.com
Location: Otter Garden Centres , Paignton
Published: 12th March 2020