Plants Area Team Leader, Full-time – Wincanton
We are recruiting for an experienced Team Leader to lead our Plants Area at Otter Garden Centre, Wincanton.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent horticultural knowledge with previous experience of working within this sector
- Retail Management experience
- A genuine passion for plants. You will ideally have a qualification in horticulture.
The interview process will include a walk-around of the Plant Area, during which you will be asked questions about our plants which will provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your passion and plant knowledge.
- You will support the branch manager in leading the team to maximise plants sales whilst ensuring we deliver excellent customer service to every customer.
- You will ensure targets are achieved and that all company standards and policies are adhered to.
- You will ensure high visual standards, accurate stock control, and that the right level of plant care and plant health is maintained.
- You will be passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers and enjoy working in a busy retail environment.
- You will be a team player and confident communicator with the drive and energy to lead a great team and business to the next level.
- Previous retail experience is essential.
- You will have an excellent horticultural knowledge. Unfortunately, we will not be able to consider applicants who do not have plants / horticultural knowledge.
This role may involve heavy lifting.
Otter Garden Centres is a family-run independent business with over 50 years heritage of growing and selling plants. We pride ourselves on not only providing a high-quality customer experience in all our garden centres but also offering a high quality, wide range of plants to our customers.
The role is full-time and permanent to include one weekend day per week.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter by email to Branch Manager, Alex Provis
or post to Alex Provis, Otter Garden Centre, Bruton Road, Wincanton, Somerset BA9 8HA