Part-time, Plants Sales Advisor. Weekends – Ottery St Mary
We are recruiting for a part-time Plants Sales Advisor, to work in our renowned plants department at Otter Garden Centre, Ottery St Mary.
The successful candidate will have good horticultural knowledge and previous experience of working within retail sector. The interview process will include a walk-around of the Plant Area, during which you will be asked questions about our plants which will provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your passion and plant knowledge.
- You will be responsible for delivering excellent customer service including providing advice and guidance in relation to plant selection, plant care and plant health.
- Maintaining the plant area on a daily basis as per company standards, and any other duties associated with this role.
- You will be passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers and enjoy working in a busy retail environment.
- You will be a team player and confident communicator who is eager to learn new skills and gain new experiences.
- Previous retail experience is preferred but not essential.
- You will have excellent horticultural knowledge. Unfortunately, we will not be able to consider applicants who do not have plants / horticultural knowledge.
Please note, this role may involve heavy lifting.
Otter Garden Centres is a family-run independent business with over 50 years’ heritage of growing and selling plants. We pride ourselves on not only providing a high-quality customer experience in all our garden centres but also offering a high quality, wide range of plants to our customers.
The role is part-time and permanent.
14 hours per week. Saturdays 9am – 5.30pm and Sundays 10am – 4.30pm.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to Jonathan Sweet