Customer Sales Assistants Garden Furniture – Taunton
We are looking for two Customer Sales Assistants to work in our Garden Furniture Department at Otter Garden Centre, Taunton. The roles will transfer to our Christmas department from September to January.
You will have exceptional customer service skills and experience of working under pressure in a retail environment. Using your detailed knowledge of the products in your department you will drive sales whilst ensuring product layout is maintained to high standards.
The role requires a customer focused individual, with good selling experience and the ability to drive sales and high retail standards.
The duties will include:
- To work on the sales floor selling garden furniture and related products.
- To work on own initiative but also be part of a bigger team, driving the sales.
- Working as part of the Christmas team for the Christmas season, so retail and merchandising experience is desirable.
- Using the tills and the stock ordering system.
- To maintain high standards in the specialised product areas
- Reviewing seasonal layouts and implementing change
This is a physically demanding role being mainly shop floor based and some lifting and manual handling will be required.
- Previous customer service experience essential, preferably experience of dealing with high ticket sales.
- Excellent customer service and selling skills.
- You will be a self motivated, energetic and enthusiastic individual. You will be a team player and passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers. and enjoy working in a busy retail environment.
Otter Garden Centres is a family-run independent business with over 50 years heritage of growing and selling plants. We pride ourselves on not only providing a high-quality customer experience in all our garden centres but also offering a high quality, wide range of plants to our customers.
We are recruiting for two roles:
One full-time 39 hours per week
One part-time 24 hours per week
Both roles will include one weekend day per week, days to be agreed at interview.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter by email to Branch Manager, Rob Brookes. Please indicate which role you are applying for.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Otter Garden Centres , Taunton
Published: 12th January 2020