Head Office, Retail Buyer
We are looking for a new buyer to join our Head Office team with responsibility for some of our Home categories. The role will have responsibility for ranges that turnover £2m – £3m each year.
The role will include:
- Sourcing exceptional product ranges that reflect our customers tastes, lifestyle trends, brand values and quality standards.
- Achieving budgeted sales, margin and stockholding.
- Building partnerships with suppliers and negotiating pricing.
- Collaborating with our Retail, Display and Marketing teams.
- You will have either Retail or Buying experience.
- A self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with previous retail experience.
- An energetic team player and confident communicator who enjoys working for a fast paced business.
- You will have excellent analytical, admin and IT skills (Advanced skills in Excel is particularly important).
- You enjoy following lifestyle and fashion trends.
- You are open to maximising unexpected business opportunities and continuous learning.
Otter Garden Centres is a thriving independent garden centre business with seven branches across the South West of England. We attract nearly 2 million visitors a year and pride ourselves on our values of family, community, personality and trust. We sell a wide range of carefully chosen products for homes (furniture, interiors, gift, clothing) and gardens (plants and garden sundries).
The role is based at Ottery St Mary, East Devon, reporting to our Head of Buying
There will be limited UK travel to branches, suppliers and trade fairs requiring occasional weekend working.
- This is a full time role Monday – Friday
- Salary based on experience. Generous colleague discount scheme and company pension.
How To Apply:
Please email your CV and covering letter including current salary details to Head of Buying Gillian Munro
Thank you for your interest in working for Otter Garden Centres.
Location: Otter Garden Centres , Ottery St Mary
Published: 22nd February 2021