We have an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about plants to join our outdoor Plant Area team at our new Otter Garden Centre in Taunton.
- You will be responsible for delivering excellent customer service including providing advice and guidance in relation to plant selection, plant care and plant health.
- Maintaining the plant area on a daily basis as per company standards, and any other duties associated with this role.
- You will be passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers and enjoy working in a busy retail environment.
- You will be a team player and confident communicator who is eager to learn new skills and gain new experiences.
- Previous retail experience is preferred but not essential.
- You will have an excellent horticultural knowledge, previous experience of working within the gardening sector, and a genuine passion for plants. Horticultural qualifications would be desirable but not essential.
The interview process will include a walk-around of the Plant Area, during which you will be asked questions about our plants which will provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your excellent plant knowledge. We are sorry but we will not be able to consider applicants who do not have plants / horticultural knowledge.
This role may involve heavy lifting.
Otter Garden Centres are a leading independent retailer with seven garden centres across the South of England. Established over 50 years ago, we pride ourselves on our wide range of quality plants and the excellent customer service standards provided in our branches. If you would like to join our friendly team in Taunton, please get in touch.
This is a full-time role of 39 hours per week over 5 days including one day at the weekend.
How to Apply
Please enclose a cv and covering letter with your application and email for the attention of Rob Brooks to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 23rd August 2019