PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU VISIT OUR GARDEN CENTRES
Although our Garden Centres are open, during the lockdown we encourage customers to only visit our garden centres if your shopping trip is essential.
Ensuring safety for our customers and team members is our priority at this difficult time and we want to reassure you of the safety measures we have in place in our garden centres.
We ask you to respect these guidelines – this is for your safety, the safety of other customers, and of our team members.
If you have tested positive, or have any Covid-19 symptoms, do not visit our Garden Centres
- We are available by phone or email to help customers with any product enquiries. To contact us please click here
Face coverings must be worn
- Face coverings are compulsory in the covered areas in all our garden centres. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, you may choose to wear an exemption badge, or to let one of our team members know on arrival, however this is a personal choice and is not required. To help stop the spread of the virus we may challenge anyone not wearing a face covering. Please click here for the latest government guidance on face coverings.
Please shop alone or in small groups
- As per the government guidelines we encourage all customers to shop alone where possible, or as a maximum group of 2 persons from the same household. We ask that all groups of two persons stay together whilst shopping – this is for your safety.
- If you are shopping with your children, we encourage customers not to bring groups of children but appreciate this may not always be possible. We ask where possible, for one adult and one child to shop together, this may require larger family groups to split into smaller groups. Customers who are accompanied by children are responsible for supervising them at all times, and children must follow social distancing rules. If you would like to visit our stores with more than one child you can call the branch ahead of your visit and ask us to recommend quieter times to visit. Please call our garden centres ahead of your journey if you would confirmation on our latest guidelines.
- Where necessary we may limit the number of customers in our stores. At busy times you may find a queuing system in operation, this may require you to stand in a line outside the store very similar to the process in place at many other retail stores.
Please respect 2m distancing
- Please maintain a 2m distance with other customers. Our garden centres are in most cases large enough to allow for customers to keep 2m apart, and we believe this will help ensure your safety when visiting our stores. We would ask that you respect and adhere to the 2 metre social distancing guidelines at all times. You will see 2m markings on the floor to around our stores and when queuing at the till points.
One-way floor markings
- In some areas you will see we have created one-way aisles, please follow these floor markings.
Please wash your hands before visiting our stores, and as soon as you return home
- We encourage all customers to follow Public Health England guidance on hand-washing. We are providing hand sanitiser for customer use.
Our stores may feel a little different
- When you arrive: you may find new entrances and exits have been put into place to help keep a safe distance from other customers, signs will be in place to help you identify these.
- Where possible please do not touch products unless you intend to purchase them. Team members will be available to provide product information.
- Baskets and trolleys will be available, we are providing facilities for customers to clean and sanitise these between customer use.
- Perspex screens have been installed next to our tills to provide protection, and there will be fewer tills open to ensure social distancing can be maintained, this may result in queues to pay.
- Our team members will be wearing face coverings or PPE, for their safety.
- Your trip to Otter is normally one of leisurely browsing, however at this unusual time we would ask that time spent in the garden centres is focused on selecting your purchases, requesting any help as needed, and moving to purchase. This is for your safety and the safety of other customers and our team members.
Please pay by card using contactless payment where possible
- To help reduce unnecessary contact, we encourage the use of chip and pin card payments and contactless payment when paying for your purchases. The contactless limit is now £45.
- At this time our toilet facilities are open in all our garden centres and we have a regular cleaning schedule in place.
Clothing and Shoes
- Our clothing departments are open but all changing rooms are closed. We ask that clothes and shoes/footwear are not tried on. Please speak to any team member for help with clothes or footwear if needed.
- Our coffee shops have different guidelines to our retail shops which we ask all customers to respectfully follow. To find out more please CLICK HERE
Restrictions in place
- Our plant information desks are currently closed.
- Clothing: our changing rooms are closed at this time.
If you have any concerns during your visit, please speak to any Otter team member.
This guidance may be updated or changed, please check back to see the latest guidance prior to any visit you plan to make.
Updated December 27th 2020.