What might have changed since my last visit?
From Monday May 17th all our coffee shops will be open again. There have been recent changes to hospitality government guidelines which may impact your visit:
- Every visitor to our coffee shops is now required to provide contact details for Covid 19 Test & Trace – the easiest and quickest way to do this is through the NHS Covid app which we recommend customers to download onto smart phones prior to their visit. Alternatively contact details can be passed to our team members when ordering. (Previously only one member of each party was required to leave contact details)
What are the opening times?
- Ottery St Mary: Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm, Sunday – 9am to 4pm
- Plymouth: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday – 9am to 5pm, Wednesdays (late night opening) 9am – 7.30pm (last orders 6.45pm), Sunday – 10:00am to 4pm
- Jack’s Patch: Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm, Sunday – 10:30am to 4pm
- Taunton: Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm, Sunday – 10:00am to 4pm
- Wincanton: Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm, Sunday – 10:30am to 4pm
- Torbay: Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm, Sunday – 10:30am to 4pm
- Lymington: Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm, Sunday – 9am to 4pm
What is available to eat and drink?
We are now offering a full range of breakfasts, home-cooked lunches, lite bites, a great selection of home-baked cakes and deserts and our full range hot and cold drinks. When you arrive at our coffee shops the menu of the day will be displayed for you. Please note our food menu varies in each of our branches.
Sunday Roasts are available in all our coffee shops except Taunton.
Cream tea and savoury cream tea are available in all our branches.
All meals are prepared in our kitchens where the requirement for 2m social distancing means we are operating with a smaller number of kitchen team members, please bear with us if your order takes longer than normal to prepare.
Covid 19 Test & Trace
All visitors are now required to check in via the app or by providing their details before ordering. Previously only one member of a group needed to provide details, this has recently changed and every visitor must provide details.
NHS Test and Trace QR codes are on display at our garden centres, please scan the code on arrival using the NHS COVID-19 app or provide our till operator with your contact details, in line with the latest guidelines.
If we take your contact details, this data will be held securely for 21 days and will not be used for any other purpose. The NHS Test and Trace program is a key part of the country’s ongoing COVID-19 response. If the NHS can rapidly detect people who have recently come into close contact with a new COVID-19 case, swift action can be taken to minimise transmission of the virus. You can read further information on how NHS Test and Trace works by clicking here.
What safety measures will you have in place?
The safety of our customers and team members is our top priority. We are adhering to the latest government safety guidelines whilst aiming to offer that wonderful Otter experience we know you love.
- We have a 2m social distancing rule across all our garden centre departments including our coffees shops and expect all our customers to respect and adhere to this.
- The number of customers at the coffee shops counter area will be limited, so you may need to queue.
- We encourage all customers to wash their hands prior to arrival. Hand sanitiser is available for all customers at the entrance and exit to our coffee shops.
- All our team members have undertaken safety training in advance of opening and will be wearing PPE.
- Strict hygiene protocols are in place including full cleaning and sanitising of tables and chairs between customers.
Do I need to wear a face covering?
On arrival, customers are required to approach the tills to order and pay for their food and drink, this may involve queuing if we are busy. Unless customers are exempt, face covering are compulsory inside our coffee shops. We thank all customers for their understanding and co-operation.
What will happen when I arrive?
- You may find the entrance to the coffee shops has changed, please look out for signs when you arrive or ask any of our team members.
- To help ensure the safety of all our customers, at our Ottery St Mary garden centre the entrance is no longer through the shop. The entrance to our coffee shop at Ottery St Mary is now located via a new signposted entrance. Please ask a team member if you need any help when you arrive.
- For our coffee shops offering outdoor seating service, the numbers of people who can sit in these outside areas has been reduced to ensure we can sit customers safely with tables spaced well apart.
- Please be aware that at some of our garden centres you may need to queue outside where there is no covering, please bring an umbrella with you if it’s raining!
- When you arrive, you will be asked to go directly to the till points to order. You will see screens have been put into place to ensure you can safely order and pay for your drinks with minimal contact with our team
- Condiments will be offered to you when you order.
- With all these changes in place, if your meal takes a little longer than normal, please be patient with our team members.
What seating will be available?
- INDOOR SEATING
- All our coffee shops are now offering indoor seating. During busy periods you might need to wait for a table to become available, this may require you to queue when you arrive.
- You will notice a reduced number of tables as all tables are now spaced out to allow for social distancing of 2m.
- You may also find a one-way system in place to reach your table. We ask all customers to follow any signs.
- In line with government guidelines, a maximum of 6 persons will be able to sit together, or two families. As we have a reduced number of tables in our coffee shops, if two families wish to sit together and the total number of persons is over 6, we will do our best to seat you together, if this is not possible we will place you as close as possible on separate tables.
- OUTDOOR SEATING
- Subject to weather conditions, we will be offering outdoor seating at our Lymington, Taunton, Ottery St Mary, Torbay and Jack’s Patch coffee shops. At our Torbay coffee shop outside tables will be allocated when your order is placed, please do not sit at a table before you have ordered as it may have already been allocated to another customer.
- If you chose to sit outside please be aware that, if the weather deteriorates, we may not be able to offer alternative indoor seating.
- Children must be supervised at all times and stay seated at the table.
- We are happy for customers to seat children in their buggies where space allows. We can offer highchairs, subject to availability, however as these are more difficult to sanitise between customers, we prefer for children to remain in buggies, if this is possible. If you require a highchair please speak to one of our team members when you arrive. We can offer cleaning materials to use prior to using highchairs.
Can I book a table in advance?
We are sorry that we are not able to take table bookings, please just turn up.
- If you choose a takeaway service, please note that under government guidelines we are not able to allow customers to consume the food or drink on the garden centre premises.
How can I pay for my food and drink?
We can only accept payment by card or contactless payment in our coffee shops, we are very sorry that we are not able to accept cash.
How long can I stay?
At this time, we will not be placing a time limit on your stay. However please be mindful of the fact that others might be queuing for a table. Once you have finished your food/drinks, we kindly ask that you make your way back into store to continue with your shopping or your day.
Will water be available?
If required, please ask the till operator for a water when ordering.
Will the toilets be open?
Our toilets are open, although we ask you to only use these if essential. Please note that our toilet facilities are not all located close to our coffee shops and may involve a walk outside. If the toilet facilities are busy you may need to queue.
Can I visit the shop after visiting the coffee shop?
We encourage all our customers to extend your visit by browsing our garden centre. Please note that according to government guidelines when you enter the retail area, you will be asked to shop alone where possible, or with 2 people per group. Unless customers are exempt, face coverings are compulsory throughout our garden centres, and must be worn in our retail shopping areas. Our 2m social distancing rule applies throughout our garden centre, including the retail area and our car parks. To read the Covid-19 guidelines for shopping safely at all Otter Garden Centres please CLICK HERE.
If you have any other questions regarding your visit to our coffee shops, please contact us by sending us a message, or calling us, contact details can be found by clicking here.
If you have any concerns during your visit please don’t hesitate to ask to speak to a team member. We want to make your visit both enjoyable and safe.
The guidance above is subject to change, to review this page for any changes prior to any visit you make to us, thank you.