Please take time to read the FAQ’s below before you visit our Coffee Shops.
What are the opening times?
- Ottery St Mary: Monday to Saturday – 9am to 4.30pm, Sunday – 9am to 4pm
- Plymouth: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday – 9am to 5pm, Wednesdays (late night opening) 9am – 7.30pm (last orders 6.45pm), Sunday – 10:00am to 4pm
- Jack’s Patch: Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm, Sunday – 10:30am to 4pm
- Taunton: Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm, Sunday – 10:00am to 4pm
- Wincanton: Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm, Sunday – 10:30am to 4pm
- Torbay: Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm, Sunday – 10:30am to 4pm
- Lymington: Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm, Sunday – 9am to 4pm
What might have changed since my last visit?
From July 19th the government guidelines have changed, please read below to understand what has changed and how this may impact your visit.
What is available to eat and drink?
In addition to our wide range of hot and cold drinks, we are offering a full range of breakfasts, home-cooked lunches, lite bites, a great selection of home-baked cakes and deserts. When you arrive at our coffee shops the menu of the day will be displayed for you. Please note our food menu varies in each of our branches.
Sunday Roasts are available in all our coffee shops except Taunton.
Cream tea and savoury cream tea are available in all our branches.
Covid-19 Test & Trace
Although customers are no longer required to provide contact details for the NHS Test and Trace programme, we are encouraging customers to continue to scan the Test and Trace QR codes which remain in place. This is a personal choice.
The NHS Test and Trace program is a key part of the country’s ongoing COVID-19 response. If the NHS can rapidly detect people who have recently come into close contact with a new COVID-19 case, swift action can be taken to minimise transmission of the virus. You can read further information on how NHS Test and Trace works by clicking here.
What safety measures will you have in place?
The safety of our customers and team members is our top priority. We are adhering to the latest government safety guidelines whilst aiming to offer that wonderful Otter experience we know you love.
- Social distancing floor markers remain in place as a gentle reminder to keep a distance from other customers.
- The number of customers at the coffee shops counter area will be limited, so you may need to queue.
- We encourage all customers to wash their hands prior to arrival. Hand sanitiser is available for all customers at the entrance and exit to our coffee shops.
- Strict hygiene protocols are in place including full cleaning and sanitising of tables and chairs between customers.
What will happen when I arrive?
- You may find the entrance to the coffee shops has changed, please look out for signs when you arrive or ask any of our team members.
- At our Ottery St Mary garden centre the entrance to our coffee shop is now through the main shop (the old entrance is now operational again). Please ask a team member if you need any help when you arrive.
- Please be aware that at some of our garden centres you may need to queue outside where there is no covering, please bring an umbrella with you if it’s raining!
- On arrival, customers are required to approach the tills to order and pay for their food and drink, this may involve queuing if we are busy. Screens remain in place to ensure you can safely order and pay for your drinks with minimal contact with our team members
- Condiments will be offered to you when you order.
- With all these changes in place, if your meal takes a little longer than normal, please be patient with our team members.
What seating will be available?
- INDOOR SEATING
- All our coffee shops are offering indoor seating. During busy periods you might need to wait for a table to become available, this may require you to queue when you arrive.
- We have kept our tables well spaced out to ensure a good distance can be maintained between your table and other customers.
- You may also find a one-way system in place to reach your table. We ask all customers to follow any signs.
- OUTDOOR SEATING
- Subject to weather conditions, we will be offering outdoor seating at all our garden centres.
- If you chose to sit outside please be aware that, if the weather deteriorates, we may not be able to offer alternative indoor seating.
- Children must be supervised at all times and stay seated at the table.
- We are happy for customers to seat children in their buggies where space allows. We can offer highchairs, subject to availability, however as these are more difficult to sanitise between customers, we prefer for children to remain in buggies, if this is possible. If you require a highchair please speak to one of our team members when you arrive. We can offer cleaning materials to use prior to using highchairs.
Can I book a table in advance?
We are sorry that we are not taking bookings, please just turn up.
How long can I stay?
At this time, we will not be placing a time limit on your stay. However please be mindful of the fact that others might be queuing for a table.
Will water be available?
If required, please ask the till operator for a water when ordering.
Will the toilets be open?
Our toilet facilities are open. Please note that our toilet facilities are not all located close to our coffee shops and may involve a walk outside.
Can I visit the shop after visiting the coffee shop?
We encourage all our customers to extend your visit by browsing our garden centre. To read the Covid-19 guidelines for shopping safely at all Otter Garden Centres please CLICK HERE.
If you have any other questions regarding your visit to our coffee shops, please contact us by sending us a message, or calling us, contact details can be found by clicking here.
If you have any concerns during your visit please don’t hesitate to ask to speak to a team member. We want to make your visit both enjoyable and safe.
The guidance above is subject to change, to review this page for any changes prior to any visit you make to us, thank you.